Tri-City Medical Center serves Oceanside, Vista and Carlsbad with a team of over 2,100 employees, including over 500 physicians practicing in 60 specialties. The medical center is also active in the non-profit space, supporting over 100 community and local events each year.
Recently, Tri-City sought a healthcare public relations program to proactively communicate its excellent patient outcomes, showcase its quality health programs, demonstrate its community involvement and promote the well-being of its region’s residents. The medical provider selected our team to serve as its communications partner.
We developed a healthcare media relations program, working hand-in-hand with the medical center to develop stories and keep regional media up to date on programs, patient outcomes and other new developments.
Our team built a content calendar that allowed Tri-City to proactively align story pitches with newsworthy dates and seasons and integrate strategic campaigns with key medical center initiatives. By leveraging its existing media relationships and building new connections, we positioned Tri-City Medical Center as a first-pick resource for state-of-the-art, timely and accurate medical services.
Through dozens of press releases, strategic press events and countless targeted pitches, our healthcare media relations program successfully elevated community perception of Tri-City Medical Center as a healthcare leader and a good neighbor in its community.
Our healthcare media relations work on behalf of Tri-City resulted in hundreds of media placements, including…
- Over a dozen TV segments
- More than 40 print articles
- Over 100 online articles
- 4 podcasts
We also earned Tri-City widespread media coverage for specific human interest stories, including…
- Dozens of informative health features on topics from flu to kidney in the San Diego Union-Tribune Health section
- Local news features highlighting the hospital’s new Accessible Icon, which replaced outdated handicap accessibility icons
- A CBS8 feature on Dr. Stephen Karas, the medical genius behind 2,000 life-saving resuscitations in Tri-City’s Emergency Department
- Fox News and 10News articles about a patient who nearly lost his life to a misdiagnosis but survived thanks to Tri-City’s intervention
- Feature articles and interviews profiling participants in Tri-City’s Lucky 13 program, who overcame obstacles like organ failure, breast cancer and heart attacks to run or walk their first half marathon
- A social media campaign, infographic and podcast to help families learn how to avoid SIDS, the leading cause of infant death