Located in the Borrego Springs desert, La Casa del Zorro Resort and Spa is a historic seasonal resort approximately two hours from downtown San Diego.
A gorgeous destination with 44 poolside guest rooms and 19 private casitas, the hotel performed well on weekends, but it was struggling with mid-week business.
Del Zorro’s leadership asked us to create an innovative marketing solution to increase Sunday through Thursday bookings.
Our team created a midweek Spa package, which provided a natural springboard for creating a midweek campaign.
We found that NBC San Diego’s target audience made it an ideal partner for highlighting the resort’s offerings and worked with the station on a multi-layered campaign that included digital marketing, advertising and a promotional contest.
We developed an online retargeting campaign and a paid Facebook campaign to boost the mid-week spa message among key target audiences. We also went to work on a traditional PR effort that included pitches to media with an interest in travel and wellness.
After four months, our measurable outcomes for del Zorro included…
- 63% increase in site visitors
- 133% increase in visits to its Spa page
- 160% increase in visits to its Promotions page
- 90% increase in visits to its Meetings page
The midweek Spa package was not booked frequently as it started at $423. However, spa business doubled at the resort during the campaign, and spa revenue outpaced occupancy increases.
Hosted media site visits and media coverage featuring the spa continued throughout the campaign, including:
- “The Best Destination Spas in Town” in Modern Luxury San Diego
- “Desert Jewel: La Casa del Zorro Shines Anew” in East County Magazine
- “Starry nights, adventurous days in Borrego” in The Desert Sun
- “Borrego Springs in the Springtime” in the San Francisco Holistic Travel Examiner
- “America’s Best Hotels for Stargazing” in HuffingtonPost.com
- “Babymoon in Borrego Springs” in North Park News
- “Restoring Your Soul in the New Year” in Awareness Magazine