Senior Communications Strategist – B2B + Tech (San Diego)
(W)right On Communications has an opening for a Senior Communications Strategist with 5-7+ years of Public Relations agency experience in the high technology, cleantech, energy, land development and/or similar related industry experience preferred.
We are a leading California-based public relations agency, named one of America’s Best PR Firms by Forbes. Now entering our 25th year, we take a strategic, integrated and creative approach to communications and work across earned, shared, owned and paid media platforms with full in-house creative services.
We offer a supportive team, a professional environment and exposure to inspiring tech and cleantech innovators, non-profit difference makers and other industry leaders as well as opportunities for growth and fun.
If this position sounds like a fit with your talents and interests, we can’t wait to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Serve a variety of innovative client partners with a focus on B2B clients in cleantech and energy, manufacturing, professional services and real estate development.
- The opportunity to develop, manage and lead client partner relationships and programs.
- The support of a dedicated and collaborative agency team, working alongside true professionals, with opportunities to advance your career based on your performance and contributions.
- A learning environment where best practices and tips are regularly exchanged and new ideas and strategies are encouraged.
- Opportunities to contribute to other practice area client partner needs.
- A chance to contribute your thought leadership, raise your professional profile and stay current with PR best practices.
- Access to a robust suite of industry-leading media relations, creative services and project management software and tools to support the team.
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K eligibility and paid vacation as well as other regular fun perks.
- 360-degree downtown, San Diego Bay and Pacific Ocean views from the 29th floor of the iconic Emerald Plaza and no cubicles.
What we expect from you:
- You have at least 5 years of agency experience with client program management and demonstrable program wins.
- You’re familiar with the California, national and various trade media landscapes with a track record of media relations outcomes.
- You understand how to develop and implement integrated communication campaigns including earned, owned and shared content strategies.
- You take initiative and enjoy conceiving fresh ideas or innovative approaches for client partners and/or the agency.
- You’re comfortable managing budgets, timelines and teams to meet or exceed client partner expectations.
- You’re a solid writer, excelling in press style communications as well as creative copy for owned assets and social content.
- You’re also familiar with search engine principles, video storytelling, design, branding and PR metrics and measurement techniques.
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment, are curious and constantly learning, and demand the best of yourself no matter the task.
- You seek to grow with the best, enjoy collaborative processes and want a workplace where your work ethic is recognized and appreciated.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism or Marketing.
- You are available for occasional travel.
How to apply:
The Senior Communications Strategist position is a dynamic and challenging position in a fast-paced environment with tremendous career potential for the right candidate. If you are motivated by results, are service-oriented and want to make yourself an indispensable addition to a rock-solid senior agency team, let us know!
Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and any supporting material you feel will make you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us how you would contribute to ensuring client partners keep singing our praises! No phone calls, please.