Associate Vice President (San Diego)
(W)right On Communications has an opening for an Associate Vice President with 12+ years of Public Relations agency and client program leadership experience in multiple sectors including B2B, technology, cleantech, energy, manufacturing, real estate and development and related fields.
We’re a leading national agency based in California with client partners coast to coast. We were named one of America’s Best PR Firms by Forbes based on our positive client reviews and ratings. We’re proud to have been elevating the PR agency experience for our client partners and team members for nearly 25 years. We take a strategic, integrated and creative approach to our work that leverages earned, shared, owned and paid media platforms to achieve client objectives.
The Associate Vice President is an agency leadership position. Reporting to the President, it is responsible for overseeing multiple (W)right On Communications’ B2B practice areas and their respective teams, client partners and administrative needs.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills and capabilities with support from agency leadership and a high functioning team.
- The ability to evolve the agency’s B2B client portfolio and establish your vision for the core practice areas you’re seeking to develop and grow.
- The opportunity to contribute directly and strategically to client partners’ communication programs making use of your experience, insights and skills.
- Opportunities to collaborate with a growing, fun-loving and respectful team of hard-working professionals and to contribute across other industry and client partner needs including hospitality, tourism and lifestyle accounts.
- To be equipped with robust tools, technology and resources including a clear onboarding program to support your success.
- Exposure to a multitude of industries and a portfolio of inspiring, world-class client partners with many opportunities to demonstrate your leadership capabilities, strategic thinking and creative concepts.
- Opportunities to show thought leadership, travel and represent the agency and its client partners at leading cleantech, energy, wireless, XR, manufacturing, professional services, real estate development and other industry events and conferences.
- A platform for career growth and achievement including learning and development resources for you and your team to level up your capabilities.
- Work with one of the most respected agencies in our marketplace and nationally according to our top 200 PR agencies ranking by Forbes and our many five-star reviews from our client partners.
- A professional work environment in an iconic Class-A office tower (Emerald Plaza) with 360 views of downtown San Diego and the bay.
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K with matching program and paid vacation as well as other regular fun perks.
What we expect from you:
- You have at least 12 years of agency practice area, management and program leadership experience with demonstrable results
- You’re familiar with the national communications landscape with a track record of strategically integrated outcomes
- You understand how to develop and implement integrated communication campaigns including earned, owned and shared content strategies
- You are ready to lead your practice area teams including team member supervision, administration, mentoring and professional development.
- You are ready to lead client partner programs including guiding outcomes, managing budgets and timelines and maintaining best practices in program delivery
- You’re a solid writer, excelling in press style communications as well as creative copy for owned assets and social content
- You are excited to network and represent the agency, foster relationships that client partners value such as with media and community leaders and build the agency’s reputation
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment, are curious and constantly learning, and demand the best of yourself no matter the task
- You seek to grow with the best, enjoy collaborative processes and want a workplace where your work ethic is recognized and appreciated
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism or Marketing
- You are available for periodic travel as needed
The Associate Vice President position is a dynamic and challenging role in a fast-paced environment with tremendous career potential for the right candidate. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead, surround yourself with a rock-solid team and have an impact serving world-class clients, we’re excited to hear from you! Submit a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org.