For more than 10 years, WESTliving and its 10 senior living communities in California, Arizona and Washington State had provided independent, assisted living and memory care to seniors. Defined by a brand promise of “inspired aging,” WESTliving offered a warm, friendly and supportive environment backed by world-class service.
In 2016, WESTliving wanted to increase awareness of its exceptional facilities and commitment to elder care excellence among seniors and their loved ones. They approached our team for a comprehensive senior living public relations program supporting each of their communities.
We created a PR plan that leveraged traditional public relations and media outreach to drive awareness, differentiate the brand’s 10 communities, promote inspired aging and increase the number of heads in beds.
We focused on creating and sharing human interest stories ideal for TV news segments. The resulting features highlighted inspiring WESTliving residents ranging from WWII veterans to kickboxing octogenarians–stories that Fox affiliate stations rebroadcast across the country.
Over an 18 month period, our senior living public relations program for WESTliving produced…
- 96 print, online and broadcast stories
- Over 91 million impressions
- Nearly 3,000 social media shares
- A viral Facebook video with nearly 1 million views
- Coverage in local, regional and national trade publications, including: NBC Los Angeles, Fox 11 Los Angeles, GoodDay Sacramento, The Press-Enterprise, McKnight’s Senior Living, Times of San Diego, NBC San Diego, KING 5 News Seattle, Fox 10 Phoenix and more.
Additionally, our campaign resulted in the successful sale of WESTliving to a larger operator.