Zodiac Pool Systems is one of the “Big Three” residential pool manufacturers in North America and is the overarching corporate entity housing nine individual residential inground pool industry brands. Focusing on innovative products that enhance the pool ownership experience, Zodiac’s portfolio of premium products spans from pool system equipment and cleaners to automation, software, mobile apps, lighting and more. Zodiac’s business model is centered around building and leveraging relationships with pool builders, servicers, remodelers and retailers.
To increase brand awareness, differentiate its products, drive registration for its industry programs and, ultimately, earn market share from competitors, Zodiac needed a strategic communications partner that could develop creative ideas that moved the bottom line.
(W)right On Communications evaluated the client’s business objectives and existing marketing efforts to develop tailored PR, social media and influencer marketing strategies. The strategies focused on brand storytelling that targeted outlets and personas to reach and truly influence the multiple audiences that are integral to the client’s success. Supported by branded content that showcased industry thought leadership, commitment to the ultimate customer experience that treats customers like partners and a commitment to innovation, the strategy generated new touchpoints and engagement with current customers across all segments while attracting a new audience to embrace the Zodiac family of brands.
The first year of (W)right On’s support culminated in Zodiac’s best financial performance on record.
The second year of WOC’s support culminated in the client capturing greater competitive market share as well as another record breaking year of financial performance.
This was supported through strong PR outcomes including:
- 1,500% increase in earned editorial reach from pre-WOC baseline in 2015 to the end of 2017
- A 59% increase in Strength of Voice score (which measures the quality of a piece of coverage) for overall editorial coverage year over year
- The launch and maturation of an influencer marketing plan that has generated over 100,000 targeted video views
- Doubling of social media audience, tripling in social media content reach and quadrupling in social media audience engagement from 2015 to 2017
- Bonus: WOC provided the communications supporting the acquisition of several new businesses and brands acquired by Zodiac as well as the client’s merger with publicly-traded company, creating a global pool industry leader with operations on every continent.”