Since 1906, H.G. Fenton Company has been a member of the San Diego community. Today, it owns and manages over 3,300 quality apartment rental homes in 14 communities plus over four million square feet of commercial space. H.G. Fenton needed a communication partner who understood its commitment to creating lifestyle opportunities so its residents live well, business tenants succeed and employees flourish.
(W)right On Communications developed a comprehensive communications strategy that leveraged a variety of integrated communication techniques to achieve results supporting overall client business goals. Sample projects supporting internal employee communications, special projects, residential development and commercial leasing include:
- With long-standing corporate values prized by the company’s leadership, board and current employees; an internal branding campaign was required to reinforce the culture and company identity as it more aggressively recruited and grew its real estate business.
- Launching a turnkey craft brewing facility brand for their commercial portfolio that included name and logo design, creative branded multimedia, collateral, traditional and social media outreach strategies and custom web development.
- PR and community outreach in support of planned mixed use and residential projects in a variety of neighborhoods including website development, traditional and new media strategies, community meetings, collateral development, stakeholder outreach, and perception monitoring.
- Developing, writing, designing and producing newsletters for commercial tenants to reinforce the tenant value and strengthen the client’s brand identity; plus tenant surveys to evaluate the newsletter’s effectiveness.
(W)right On’s strategic communication counsel and execution have resulted in the client partner reaching its growth and communication goals across the board.
- Secured specific plan and general plan amendment adoptions needed for project approval.
- Project supporter recruitment and engagement that culminated in a 9-to-1 supporter to opposition ratio at City Council hearing.
- A culture guidebook was created and distributed to all employees as part of the opening of the new office space and new employee onboarding experience. A visual motif was created incorporating a water color brushstroke, or “flourish,” to tie into the company’s purpose statement of encouraging employees to flourish. Lastly, brand guidelines were developed to outline the brand’s application and support consistent usage across all aspects of human resources and employee communication.
- Its new turnkey craft brewing facility, Brewery Igniter, secured leases from qualified tenants months in advance of the space being open and generated buzz and interest for each of the five expansion locations. See more at breweryigniter.com.
- PR and community outreach on behalf of H.G. Fenton’s pending residential and mixed use projects have ensured accurate information in the news media, positive anticipation in the communities where development is occurring, and transparency in working with the community and providing timely, accurate and responsive information.
- The renamed and redesigned “Fenton Customer Focus” newsletter now celebrates the company’s commercial customers and has created a sense of community among them including networking and promotion opportunities. An email version is now launching, based on customer feedback.