Since 1906, H.G. Fenton Company has been a member of the San Diego community. Today, it owns and manages over 3,300 quality apartment rental homes in 14 communities and over four million square feet of commercial space.
H.G. Fenton needed a communications partner who understood its commitment to creating lifestyle opportunities so its residents live well, its business tenants succeed and its employees flourish.
The developer called on our team of creative communication experts to demonstrate its commitment to progress throughout San Diego.
We developed a comprehensive communications strategy to achieve results supporting overall client business goals. Our strategies for supporting internal employee communications, special projects, residential development and commercial leasing included:
- An internal branding campaign to reinforce H.G. Fenton’s company culture and identity as it aggressively grew its real estate business
- Launching a turnkey craft brewing facility accompanied with comprehensive branding and website design
- PR and community outreach in support of planned mixed-use and residential projects in a variety of neighborhoods, including website development, traditional and new media strategies, community meetings, stakeholder outreach, and perception monitoring
- Developing, distributing, and evaluating impressions of newsletters for commercial tenants to reinforce H.G. Fenton’s value and strengthen its brand identity
Our team’s strategic communication counsel and execution resulted in H.G. Fenton achieving its growth and communication goals across the board, including…
- Specific plan and general plan amendment adoptions needed for project approval
- Project supporter recruitment and engagement that culminated in a 9-to-1 supporter-to-opposition ratio at City Council hearing
- A comprehensive culture guidebook distributed to all employees as part of H.G. Fenton’s new office opening and new employee onboarding experience
- Leases secured for its turnkey craft brewing facility months in advance of the space’s opening
- Accurate reporting on H.G. Fenton’s pending residential and mixed-use projects, enthusiasm in the communities under development, and transparency during resident communication
- Community building via the renamed and redesigned “Fenton Customer Focus” newsletter