Located two miles from the southern entrance of Yosemite National Park, Delaware North’s Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is a basecamp for travelers looking to “rough it minus the rough part” in the High Sierra.
Eager to offer its visitors ever-better luxury experiences, Tenaya Lodge had plans to build upon the High Sierra travel lifestyle with a new roofless bus tour and ropes course for kids, along with luxury cabins in 2019.
To succeed in the competitive Yosemite travel market, Tenaya Lodge needed to raise awareness for the new amenities and generate new leads for the resort.
To drive awareness and interest, we evaluated media integration opportunities with national news outlets in L.A., the Bay Area, and other cities. We negotiated a six-week, two-phased fall and late summer shoulder season promotion with KRON 4 in the Bay Area.
Our creative media integration and PR campaign included sweepstakes with a Word of the Day entry, featured content on KRON’s website and social channels and a series of promotional news segments featuring the Lodge with KRON’s on-air talent.
We shot fresh b-roll at the Lodge and coordinated all elements of the promotion with the KRON team. We also submitted a fall package promotion to Travel & Leisure promoting off-peak travel to the Lodge.
The campaigns produced:
- 10,000+ leads
- 5,000 website clicks from digital ads
- 697 Facebook shares and 328 Tweets
- 613 new Facebook and 238 new Twitter followers
- 800,000+ impressions from Tenaya Lodge’s takeover of KRON4.com, digital billboards and 30-second video pre-roll
Associated PR outreach also put Tenaya’s Fall travel package in front of 950,000+ readers of Travel & Leisure’s October issue.
In terms of generating awareness of the new Tenaya Lodge offerings, the KRON news, website and social media reach is as follows:
- KRON4 TV—2.5 million TV viewers from the Bay Area to Napa and Santa Cruz
- KRON4.com—3 million unique visitors, the largest media news site in the Bay Area
- KRON Facebook and Twitter—672,000 combined followers
- KRON Eblast— 18,000+ subscribers, 10,000 opens and 640 clicks to Tenaya’s website