(W)right On Communications researched and negotiated a creative media integration and PR campaign to help our hospitality public relations client partner reach their goals.
Located two miles from the southern entrance of Yosemite National Park, Delaware North’s Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is a basecamp for travelers looking to “rough it minus the rough part” in the High Sierra. Providing guests with luxury accommodations and endless adventure, Tenaya Lodge has plans to build upon the High Sierra experience with a new Yosemite tour via a roofless bus as well as ropes course with zipline in 2018 and luxury cabins in 2019.
In the competitive drive market for Yosemite National Park travel, Tenaya Lodge needed to raise awareness and generate new leads for the tour, ropes course amenity and opening of their luxury cabins.
To help drive awareness and media interest, (W)right On Communications researched and evaluated media integration opportunities with L.A. and Bay Area television news programs and other national outlets. WOC recommended and negotiated a 6-week, two-phased fall and spring shoulder season promotion with KRON 4 in the Bay Area.
The creative media integration and PR campaign included sweepstakes with a Word of the Day entry, featured content on KRON’s website and social channels, live mentions and a news segment featuring the lodge with KRON’s on-air talent. The (W)right On team shot fresh b-roll at the Lodge and coordinated all elements of the promotion with the KRON team.
The WOC team also submitted a Fall package promotion to Travel & Leisure promoting off-peak travel to the Lodge.
The six-week campaign produced:
- 4,700+ leads
- 697 Facebook shares and 328 Tweets
- 613 new Facebook and 238 new Twitter followers
- 800,000+ impressions from Tenaya Lodge’s homepage takeover of KRON4.com, digital billboards and :30 second video pre-roll
- 953,484 readers of Travel & Leisure’s October issue exposed to the Fall package promotion
In terms of generating awareness of the new Tenaya Lodge offerings, the KRON news, website and social media reach is as follows:
- KRON4 TV—2.5 million T.V. viewers from the Bay Area to Napa and Santa Cruz
- KRON4.com—3 million unique visitors, the largest media news site in the Bay Area
- KRON Facebook and Twitter—672,000 combined followers