Located along six miles of gorgeous Pacific coastline, the City of Encinitas is one of San Diego County’s most desirable destinations.
In 2016, City leaders sought strategic communications and community outreach support to better inform their residents and decrease communications costs in one shot.
Our team answered the call with much more than support and served Encinitas as a true communications partner, using our knowledge of community outreach in San Diego to provide the City and its stakeholders with meaningful, measurable results.
We acted as Encinitas’s de facto PIO, providing the City with comprehensive public relations services that strategically leveraged paid, earned, shared, and owned communications channels.
We looked to lower communications costs and streamline processes by helping Encinitas restructure responsibilities so that it better used all its stakeholders’ expertise.
To improve reach on social platforms, we used strong visuals and graphics, built relationships with the media and community, and guided staff on social media best practices.
The program included:
- An integrated communications strategy to proactively inform community members and empower them in the civic engagement process.
- A revamp of the City’s social media strategy and leading content creation
- Deployment of new communications and feedback channels, including Nextdoor, PlaceSpeak and eComment
- Visual storytelling through graphic design and new tools such as Facebook Live
- Increased communications activity level, including opportunities to receive community input and feedback while decreasing costs
During the period that (W)right On served Encinitas, we achieved a variety of measurable outcomes, including
- 70% reduction in communications costs
- 100% increase in number of City press releases issued, generating 127 stories and over 17 million impressions
- 73% increase in social media impressions
- 32% increase in frequency of social media posts
- Increased engagement on city website, including:
- 142% increase in visitors
- 154% increase in sessions
- 150% increase in pageviews
- 35% increase in City newsletter subscriptions