Senior Communications Strategist (San Diego)
(W)right On Communications has an opening for a Senior Communications Strategist with 7+ years of Public Relations agency experience and client program experience in multiple sectors including B2B, technology, cleantech, energy, manufacturing, real estate and development and related fields.
We are a leading national agency based in California with client partners coast to coast. We were named one of America’s Best PR Firms by Forbes based on our positive client reviews and ratings. We’re proud to have been elevating the PR agency experience for our client partners and team members for nearly 25 years. We take a strategic, integrated and creative approach to our work that leverages earned, shared, owned and paid media platforms to achieve client objectives.
The Senior Communications Strategist is a key agency position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, it is responsible for client program leadership and oversees multiple (W)right On Communications’ B2B client partner relationships, daily communications and program execution with the support of a dedicated Communications Strategist, in-house Creative Services team and other agency resources.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to demonstrate your strategic communications skills and build on your experience to advance your career.
- The support of a high-functioning team and leadership who are all invested in your success.
- The ability to serve a variety of client partners with a focus on B2B clients in the cleantech and energy, manufacturing, professional services, development, healthcare and social services sectors.
- Opportunities to continuously develop, manage and lead client partner relationships and programs as well as to grow your industry knowledge and innovate with new strategies, tactics and tools.
- Opportunities to collaborate with a growing, fun-loving and respectful team of hard-working professionals and to contribute across other industry and client partner needs including hospitality, tourism and lifestyle accounts.
- To be equipped with robust tools, technology and resources including a clear onboarding program to support your success.
- Exposure to a multitude of industries and a portfolio of inspiring, world-class client partners with many opportunities to demonstrate your leadership capabilities, strategic thinking and creative concepts.
- Opportunities to show thought leadership, travel and represent the agency and its client partners at leading cleantech, energy, wireless, XR, manufacturing, professional services, real estate development and other industry events and conferences.
- A platform for career growth and achievement including learning and development resources for you and your team to level up your capabilities.
- Work with one of the most respected agencies in our marketplace and nationally according to our top 200 PR agencies ranking by Forbes and our many five-star reviews from our client partners.
- A professional work environment in an iconic Class-A office tower (Emerald Plaza) with 360 views of downtown San Diego and the bay.
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K with matching program and paid vacation as well as other regular fun perks.
What we expect from you:
- You have at least 7 years of agency experience with client program management and demonstrable program results
- You’re familiar with the national media landscape with a track record of media relations outcomes and relationships in industries requiring technical subject matter familiarity
- You understand how to develop and implement integrated communication campaigns including earned as well as owned and social content strategies
- You take initiative and enjoy conceiving fresh ideas or innovative approaches for client partners and/or the agency
- You’re comfortable managing budgets, timelines and teams to meet or exceed client partner expectations
- You’re a solid writer, excelling in press style communications as well as creative copy for owned assets and social content
- You’re also familiar with search engine principles, videography, branding and PR metrics and measurement techniques
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment, are curious and constantly learning, and demand the best of yourself no matter the task
- You seek to grow with the best, enjoy collaborative processes and want a workplace where your work ethic is recognized and appreciated
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism or Marketing
- You are available for occasional travel
- You’re also fun to work with!
How to apply:
The Senior Communications Strategist position is a dynamic and challenging position in a fast-paced environment with tremendous career potential for the right candidate. If you are motivated by results, like building strong client and media relationships and want to make yourself an indispensable addition to a rock-solid team serving world-class B2B innovators, we’re excited to hear from you! Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material such as clippings, creative copywriting or press materials to email@example.com.