Graphic Designer (& Multimedia Support)
SAN DIEGO (La Jolla)
A (W)right On Communications’ Graphic Designer works with communication program leads to support the agency’s in-house creative efforts by producing visual design solutions in print and digital media for a wide range of internal and client-facing needs. The Graphic Designer will contribute in all areas of visual communication, interactive design, and art production. As the Agency continues to grow its multimedia capabilities this position provides enormous opportunity for growth and potential advancement.
- Provide client account team with professional design support including:
- Design and lay out print and electronic collateral including brochures, flyers, e-mails, e-newsletters, corporate materials, product presentations, advertisements, etc. that enhance readability and draw the reader in.
- Interact with client marketing professionals to develop compelling themes and concepts for proposal and marketing program deliverables.
- Provide advice and strategy to project teams on effective visual presentations.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and quality under tight deadlines.
- Assist with coordinating and managing printing projects including bluelines, color proofs and press checks.
- Update and maintain the firm’s website, blog, and social media sites
- Contribute to the development of client PR and marketing strategies and programs through creative brainstorming and research
- Attend client events and provide on-site event support as needed.
The WOC Graphic Designer is a natural multi-tasker; keeps abreast of their profession and communications best practices; natural results-oriented and strategic thinker; and brings a creative flair to his or her work while representing the agency’s reputation of excellence. The ideal candidate is also self-motivated, responsible, efficient and proactive, and otherwise qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or similar degree from an accredited institution
- One to three years experience in a corporate or agency marketing/communications environment in a graphic design/production capacity
- Very proficient in latest graphic design software applications for production purposes (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite 2014 including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of print production processes and other graphic services
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet-based communications
- Photography, web design, video editing, interactive content design experience, and basic HTML coding are pluses
- Highly organized, self-motivated
- Positive, high-energy approach to assignments
- A dedicated self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain good relationships with internal and external client partners, and vendors
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and quality
Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material you feel will make you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us how you would contribute to ensuring client partners keep singing our praises! No phone calls, please.