Communications Strategist (San Diego)
We have an opening for an experienced, creative Communications Strategist with 3-5+ years of Public Relations agency experience and energy, clean tech, healthcare, B2B and nonprofit expertise.
We are a leading California-based public relations agency, named one of America’s Best PR Firms by Forbes, and have been elevating the PR agency experience for our client partners and team members since 1998. We take a strategic, integrated and creative approach to communications and work across earned, shared, owned and paid media platforms.
We offer a supportive team, a professional environment and exposure to a multitude of industries as well as inspiring clients and opportunities for fun, too.
What you can expect:
- Serve a variety of client partners with a focus on the energy, clean tech, healthcare, manufacturing and B2B sectors
- Develop, manage and maintain client partner relationships and programs
- Contribute your thought leadership, raise your professional profile and stay current with PR best practices
- Collaborate with a fun-loving team of professionals with opportunities to contribute to other industry and client partner needs
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K eligibility and paid vacation as well as other regular fun perks
What we expect from you:
- You have 3-5 years of agency experience with client program management and demonstrable program wins
- You’re familiar with the California and national media landscape with a track record of media relations outcomes
- You understand how to develop and implement integrated communication campaigns including earned, owned and shared content strategies
- You take initiative and enjoy conceiving fresh ideas or innovative approaches for client partners and/or the agency
- You’re comfortable managing budgets, timelines and teams to meet or exceed client partner expectations
- You’re a solid writer, excelling in press style communications as well as creative copy for owned assets and social content
- You’re also familiar with search engine principles, videography, branding and PR metrics and measurement techniques
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment, are curious and constantly learning, and demand the best of yourself no matter the task
- You seek to grow with the best, enjoy collaborative processes and want a workplace where your work ethic is recognized and appreciated
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism or Marketing
- You are available for occasional travel
How to apply:
The Communications Strategist position is a dynamic and challenging position in a fast-paced environment with tremendous career potential for the right candidate. If you are motivated by results, service-oriented and want to make yourself an indispensable addition to a rock-solid senior team, let us know! Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material you feel will make you stand out to email@example.com. Tell us how you would contribute to ensuring client partners keep singing our praises! No phone calls, please.