A rising PR professional role for a skilled writer and communicator.
SAN DIEGO (La Jolla)
As a Communications Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in driving client wins by identifying, developing and implementing creative, integrated communications strategies to achieve wins for our client partners. Your strategies will leverage paid, earned, shared and owned media for a variety of client partners across a range of industries and will be supported by your creative, effective and accurate copy. A strong team player, you will also help build the agency’s brand reputation and image by maintaining the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct.
Specifically, as a Communications Coordinator, you will:
- Maintain and build client-agency relationships
- Conceive and deliver successful pitches to targeted media contacts, and manage media interviews and interactions including talking points and other prep
- Produce accurate, engaging and well-written media materials for client press kits and announcements
- Research and identify opportunities for clients by surveying local and national media, editorial calendars and trends
- Build and maintain agency and client media contacts in order to establish preferential consideration of client stories
- Employ tools and strategies to build and encourage social media engagement
- Identify, develop and implement interactive marketing campaigns
- Create and plan special events
- Monitor, measure and report on performance of various campaigns and strategies
- Seek to specialize in a key practice area by keeping current with client partner industry and communications trends
- Source, develop and manage new business leads including support of new business proposals and presentations
- Raise the agency’s image and help grow agency awareness through attendance at targeted networking events as well as through social networking
- Oversee and coach the agency’s communications coordinators as well as agency marketing and social media activities.
Travel may be required.
Education and experience
To be considered for this role, you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or Marketing (or similar)
- 2+ years’ communication agency experience (corporate communication experience may be considered)
- experience with analyzing, developing, executing and evaluating a variety of internal and external communication strategies and techniques (e.g., press releases, newsletters, presentations, employee communication events, marketing materials, web sites, social media programs, influencer outreach)
- experience contributing to effective communication plans
- a solid understanding of best practices in communications strategies and tactics across a variety of communication disciplines
- understanding of website analytics, search engine principles and social media tools
- advanced written and verbal communication skills and superior organizational abilities
- strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as social and other communication related software and services
- the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- the ability to learn and articulate the company’s structure, vision, values, mission and goals.
Social media strategy, implementation and monitoring experience is preferred as is experience with HTML as well as social media and content management software.
How to apply:
Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material you feel will make you stand out to email@example.com. Please tell us why and how you would contribute to ensuring client partners keep singing our praises.