Senior Communications Strategist (San Diego)
If you’re not already a San Diego resident but you’ve dreamed of becoming one, now may be your chance. Recognized as one of “America’s Best PR Firms” by Forbes, (W)right On Communications (WOC) is hot on the trail to find a couple of public relations juggernauts for its Technology and Lifestyle divisions. The California-based, integrated communications agency is hiring two Senior Communications Strategists (SCS)—one for each division—for its San Diego office. Specifically, we’re seeking solid PR superstars with public relations, marketing communications, social media, video and digital agency experience – who are also great writers with a prolific passion for prose. Qualified candidates will have at least seven years of PR agency experience under their belt, will possess a positive “can-do” and “results-driven” attitude, and are ready to have fun and make a difference alongside a dynamic, growing and people-first organization. If you’re a smart and energetic person with an eye for a great story and a strong passion for developing and maintaining relationships with media and client partners alike, let’s talk!
Who are we?
- Celebrating nearly 25 years, (W)right On Communications represents a range of client partners from coast to coast which specialize in such fields as energy/cleantech and residential real estate, as well as travel, hospitality, healthcare and senior living. We take a strategic, integrated and creative approach to our work that leverages earned, shared, owned and paid media platforms to achieve client objectives. Our beautiful, transit-oriented offices atop Emerald Plaza in downtown San Diego are located right next to America Plaza Station, where all three of the City’s Trolley lines interconnect. A healthy supply of snacks are free for the taking to your office (with an incredible view, we might add!) which will be furnished nicely and, with all the latest tech, WOC has earned its position as one of the most respected agencies in San Diego and nationally, having collected many five-star reviews from our client partners over the years. In short, if you’re a team player who thrives in a professional, close-knit company that offers a great work-life balance and a client roster full of fun, forward-thinking brands, we should meet.
Who are you?
- 7+ years of PR agency experience that prepared you well with strong client management skills and the natural ability to secure demonstrable results
- Strong background and familiarity with today’s ever-evolving local, regional and national media landscape; proven track record of media relations outcomes and relationships in industries that may require technical subject matter familiarity
- Knowledgeable in the development and implementation of integrated communication campaigns, including earned, owned and social content strategies
- Leader who thrives in a multi-tasking environment, takes initiative and enjoys conceiving fresh ideas and innovative approaches for client partners and/or WOC
- Comfortable managing timelines and teams to meet/exceed client partner expectations
- Solid writer, excelling in AP style as well as creative copy for owned assets and social content
- Familiar with search engine principles, videography, branding and PR metrics and measurement techniques
- Curious and constantly learning; seek to grow with the best, enjoy collaborative processes and value a professional environment where your work ethic is recognized and appreciated
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism or Marketing is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Critical Mention, Propel, project management software Iike Slack, time management software like Harvest, Cision, Meltwater and other digital PR tools highly preferred
- Available for occasional travel
I like what I’m hearing – tell me more!
As a Senior Communications Strategist, you’ll be responsible for client program leadership and oversight of multiple (W)right On Communications’ B2B client partner relationships, daily communications and program execution with the support of a dedicated team, an in-house Creative Services department and other agency resources. Once hired, you can expect:
- A strong and supportive onboarding program designed to get you started on the right foot
- The backing of a high-functioning team that’s invested in successful outcomes
- Myriad opportunities to:
- Serve a variety of client partners in either the technology/B2B OR lifestyle space
- Develop, manage and lead client relationships and programs, as well as grow your own industry knowledge
- Collaborate with a growing, fun-loving and respectful team of hard-working professionals and to contribute across other industry and client partner needs
- Build thought leadership, travel and represent WOC and its client partners at conferences, workshops, press trips and other industry events
- Exposure to a multitude of industries and a portfolio of inspiring, world-class client partners that offer the chance to regularly demonstrate your leadership capabilities, strategic thinking and creative ideation
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K with matching program and paid vacation as well as other regular fun perks.
How do I apply?
If you’re motivated by results, you like building strong client / media relationships and you’re excited to dive right in and get started, please email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material like press clippings, creative copywriting, strategic plans or other press materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from you!